Designed purely for competition, the Gen3 represents a key technological breakthrough for electric motorsport and is set to revolutionize the automotive industry with unprecedented levels of performance.
Producing up to 350kW of power, the Gen3 will have a top speed of 200mph and will also be the first Formula car to sport front and rear powertrains to facilitate 600kW regenerative capabilities – double that of its Gen2 predecessor.
In races, a minimum of 40 percent of all energy used will be produced by regenerative braking while, with a 95 percent efficient electric motor, the Gen3 will be the most energy-efficient racing car in the world. For Season 9, a total of six manufacturers and 11 teams will go head-to-head on the Formula E grid to drive innovation through competition.
• Overall length: 5,016.2mm
· Wheelbase: 2,970.5mm
· Overall width: 1,700mm
· Overall height: 1023.4mm
· Weight [including driver]: 840kg
· Designed by Maserati
· Maximum battery power: 350kW
· Race mode: 300kW
· Boost mode: 350kW
· Regeneration: 600kW [max]
· Maximum speed: 321km/h [200mph]
· Acceleration: TBC
· Constructed by Williams Advanced Engineering [all teams]
· Chassis: Carbon / aluminium honeycomb structure made by Dallara
· Bodywork: Recycled Carbon / Linen honeycomb structure made by Dallara
· Halo: Titanium
· Inverter, motor and gearbox designed by Maserati
· Tyres: Hankook for both wet and dry conditions
· Size [front axle]: 255/40R18
· Size [rear axle]r: 315/40R18
• FIA safety standards